Sat, Jun 17|
Ygnacio Valley Public Library
COLLEGE APPLICATION AND ESSAY WORKSHOP: JUNE 17th
Effective and highly personal essays are crucial for successful applications. Top applicants will get a summer start after this workshop. Diana will guide your student to understand and develop a strategy for all the writing required in successful college applications.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Ygnacio Valley Public Library, 2661 Oak Grove Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, USA
About the Event
• Supportive and collaborative workshop setting. Limit of 12 students.
• Saturday, June 17th, 10 am - 4 pm at the Ygnacio Valley Library Meeting Room. Enter on the back left side.
WHAT THE WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
• College Essays: Fundamentals of college essays and personal narratives. Getting started! How should students present themselves? What should they write about?
• Exercises to discover voice and stories. Topic Review and Initial Brainstorming.
• In-depth review of the UC and Common Applications.
• Strategies for supplemental essay prompts.Activities Resume Review
• Effectively completing Activity Lists despite their limitations.
• Understand the general college admission process and have all questions answered.
• How to ask for a strong recommendation letter.
• Student and family stress is reduced with an early and supported start to applications. Early application submissions increase admission chances and see higher levels of financial aid.
• Your student has discovered several effective personal essay topics and they are ready to start writing. (One-on-one essay support and review is available in Diana's Essay Support Package)
• Your student has 3-4 additional story topics to be used in supplemental essays.
• Your student will be given personal, candid and specific feedback about topics and applications throughout the day.
• Cost: $345
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org